When you don't need a reason hunt - For Whatever

::Upfront Disclaimer:: I'm participating in the For Whatever Hunt as a merchant. Luckily for me (and seriously, for you too) I don't make clothes. I got a preview because I'm a blogger, not because I'm in the hunt. And can I say, FWH's blogger room is a brilliant idea. I'm sure others have done it, but this was the first time I've used one and While I like seeing what the ladies are wearing or what the trends are, both my inventory and my time management skills really appreciate being able to see what's available to blog without trying to do the entire hunt which, now that I have my own store, is getting increasingly hard to do.

If you do choose to do the hunt, there's some really excellent gifts for the guys, and maybe one or two that may not be meant for the guys but, you  know, I'm all about taking advantage of what I can find and use. 

 There's a couple of full outfits which is always nice. Left is the gift from #88 Silhouette Fashion; Egoist. Jeans and collared black shirt. Jeans are a nicely worn pale blue but otherwise not remarkable. The shirt though, has some nice texture elements to it, including a subtle graded tone stripe and some nice cloth pull lines across the chest.

Worn with this is #58 CPD (Chaos, Panic & Disorder) really nicely simple Celtic Cross. This piece of jewelry (unisex) hits that sweet spot between being simple enough to wear casually as with jeans, and sleek enough to merit serious consideration as an accessory to something more formal. 

The hair here isn't part of the hunt, but it a new release from Alli&Ali : Elements Hair Lava (unisex). It's got kind of that Tokyo pop look and feel to it - a bit shaggy, a little mohawkey, not so subtle color shift between blond and black and red, that offers a striking first glance. I don't generally go in for the faux-mohawk look but I was pleasantly surprised at how well this went with pretty much everything else I was trying on. This is a group gift at their mainstore. They also have a version called ice, with the same kind of color shifts.

22769 Brings it on  with this dark brown double jumper. The hint of an undershirt is a golden tan and the silk scarf brings elements of both, and has a double leather buckle catch on the left folds of the scarf. It's a pretty classy look for something so obviously casual, but those guys at 22769 are really aces at making it all fun. 

Graffitiwear (#15) took an ethnic walk with the Aztec Feathered pendant; heavy rope chain links (that need no resizing - AWESOME!) connect to a really nicely done Aztec motif coin in copper, accented by three feathers. I can see wearing this a lot. I pared it here with one of the Hoodies from Envy Me. Most of them were a Christmas style but there's a couple of plain ones in the fat pack and I like the fit of the black one. Hoodie comes with and up and down option (and i the up option was one of the few things that didn't work with this hair.

Stop #73 on FWH brings you to FA Creations which tucks this full outfit into the hunt prize. Components are the stripped knitted sweater with loose sleeves. The undershirt is a button down black shirt, which unfortunately only came as a shirt layerand no underwear layer extender which limits the ability to wear the shirt with anything else. It is a pretty basic black shirt, so you may be able to find some other black extender you can wear with it. (The best match I found was Indi Designs Harper, which is an older set.) The over sweater is really nicely done in terms of the fit and the sculpt bottom of it. It comes with an accented collar and loose tie, that overall makes it a nice piece to wear with pretty any pants you have. But, if you don't like to Mix and match, FAC has you covered because they also provide you with a pair of dress slacks, and just to make sure you are all put together you get a pair of black casual shoes and socks -- although given the nice look of the sweater and collar, if people are looking at your shoes, you're wearing it wrong.


Kennedy's offers another full set, although I admittedly like the shirt the best. The jeans are a pale grey with a hint of shine and a skull pattern on the right thigh. The shirt is a darker grey, nice pull lines and a fun caption.

Orchid Lotus & Moondance (#74) gives you something a bit more formal with Ethan, a full set of beige button down with accented collar and darker grey dress slacks. Another shirt that I like but which has limited use outside the set itself. without the shirt extender and the color is just unique enough to make a match nearly impossible although you could certainly extend its wear by adding a scarf, vest or jacket.(the slacks, though, went pretty well with the 22769 offering, so that was all to the good in my mind.)

Last is a Black turtleneck from SE*Designz (#17). I'm not entirely sure it was meant for males or if the turtleneck was meant to be unisex. There's a vest with the outfit that seems not to be for guys but the turtleneck worked out fine (did have to resize the turtleneck itself) and is a nice solid black wear-with-anything kind of sweater that I love.

There may be other options in both clothing and jewelry for guys, opting into the blogger room was optional for the merchants and I haven't had time to even start the actual hunt, but even for these offerings, it;'s worth taking a break from whatever you are doing to do at least some of the For Whatever Hunt.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Designer Spotlight | Designer Spotlight banner by Raeyn | Layout by TNB